Free School Meals
Some students may be eligible for Free School Meals. Students would qualify if parents are getting any of the following:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
- Income Support (IS).
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBSJA).
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA).
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190).
- Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment you get for a further 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
Further details are available at https://new.devon.gov.uk/educationandfamilies/school-information/school-meals and this also provides access to the Citizen Portal. Parents can register through this portal and it will give an instant decision as to whether you qualify or not.
If you need help or advice on this please contact Student Support at the school.